Terms of service
- All clients will be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions (as laid out below) on signature of the contract.
- Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. will not confirm any booking until a face-to-face consultation has been carried out, with both the client and the pet, with full details of any special requirements, and a contract has been signed by the client.
Cancellation policy and payment
- Full payment for services (agreed either at time of booking or subsequently) is to be made before service, within 4 days of receipt of invoice or by the date specified on the invoice, via transfer. If full payment has not been received within this time, then your booking will be cancelled.
- Once payment has been paid and you need to cancel your appointment we do not offer refunds, unless due to special circumstances at discretion of Dolittles Animal Training Ltd..
Security and keys
- If it is necessary for keys to be picked up or dropped off, charges may be applied to the final bill to cover each trip. Keys will need to be provided 48 hours prior to the service commencing.
- Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. can not be held liable to any accident or injury to your pet or damage to the property when we are not in your house, this includes the unlikely likelihood of a fire or burglary.
- Please inform Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. of any video cameras/additional security measures in place. In the failure to do so we have the right to terminate the contract.
- For safety purposes Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. will always have their phone on them during service.
- Household equipment will not be used unless Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. has been shown prior to service takes place. This includes tumble dryers, cookers, microwaves or any other electrical equipment.
- If you have any additional security measures please inform us before the service takes place.
- The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, regardless of how they are incurred, whilst the recipient is in the care of Dolittles Animal Training Ltd..
- In the unlikely circumstance that we need to take your pet to the vet payment plans should be organised prior to the service taking place.
- Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. must be alerted to any behavioural problems with the client’s pets at the time of booking. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or cancellation of any future contract.
- All behavioural issues/training will be discussed during the initial consultation, please note any additional training is not included in the service but can be requested at the time of booking.
- The client must provide Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. with two names and contact numbers of a third party, whom can decide relating to the pet in case of emergency. If the contact is not available, Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and decide which is in the best interests of the pet.
- In the unlikely event of the client being delayed from returning from their holiday an emergency contact needs to be in place to take over the service, if we are unable to continue doing so ourselves.
- The client must provide all items necessary for the recipient to be adequately cared for in the absence of the client; including (but not limited to) ‘waste bags’, food/treats, medication, leads, tags, collars, cat litter. Should pets require any additional supplies whilst in the care of Dolittles Animal Training Ltd., these will be purchased and added to the final bill. If any required items are taken from the client’s home then the client will be informed, however the restocking of such items remains the responsibility of the client (unless agreed beforehand and added to the final bill).
- You are not expected to provide food or drink for Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. during pet sitting, however items for personal care such as toilet paper, clean bed linen and towels should be provided
- Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. always treat your home with the greatest of respect and endeavor to leave your property in the same condition prior to our services. In the case of a pet sitting overnight we are happy to strip the beds, hoover where necessary and wash up any dog bowls however are not a cleaning or laundry service. This includes washing bed linen or dog beds.
- Although Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. holds full Public Liability insurance, pets should also be insured by the client (wherever possible). Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. reserves the right to refuse a booking for any recipient which is not insured.
- Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. will endeavor to care for the recipient as you would and, whilst we will make every effort to ensure that your pet is well looked after in your absence, Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to the pet, either inside or outside of the home, whilst in our care.
- Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. may wish to take (and retain) photographs of the pet to demonstrate their services. At no point will these pictures feature the owners, their family or their homes (in such a way that could result in a compromise in the security of the premises). These pictures will not be used for any other purposes other than as described. If you would prefer that Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. did not retain such pictures, please indicate this on the contract.
- Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. may have other pets at any one time so, in order to ease confusion, pictures of the recipient may be taken; this will be purely to aid recognition and (in the unlikely event that the recipient gets free) to aid in retrieval. Should the client have indicated their wish for such pictures not to be retained then the picture/s will be erased at the end of the contracted period.
Legislation and safety
- In accordance with the control of Dogs Order 1922, dogs should wear a collar with the name and address (including postcode) of the owner engraved or written on it. A telephone number is optional but advisable. Failure to do so may result in a fine, which the dog owner will be liable for. Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. can source a tag and collar, at an additional cost which will be added to the final bill.
- Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. reserves the right to cancel the contract (at any time & with immediate effect) if any dog/s under the contract do not respond well to the pet sitter (where the continuing of said contract is deemed, by Dolittles Animal Training Ltd., to constitute a risk). In the likelihood of such events your emergency contact will be contacted.
- We may request a trial period to ensure that they are happy and familiar with Dolittles Animal Training Ltd..
- All dogs will be exercised on a lead unless prior agreement has been reached with Dolittles Animal Training Ltd. and the disclaimer section of the contract has been signed.
- The walker will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk, if necessary, because of extreme weather conditions; including, but not limited to: excessive heat, torrential rain, thunderstorms and snow/ice. The decision to do so lays with the judgment of the walker, for the safety of themselves, members of the public, other animals and that of the recipient.
- All dogs will be transported in a secure van/car and crated or secured for their safety, please inform us if your dog has any travel sickness history.
- If the recipient requires towelling off after walks, towels must be provided and left by the front door.